The Sunraysia Solar Farm is a 255MW utility scale Solar photovoltaic project.
The site comprises of around 1000 hectares of private freehold land and is located around 17km south of the Balranald town centre and around 140km south east of Mildura, within the Balranald Shire Council Local Government Area. The site is accessed from Yanga Way (also known as Mallee Highway and Tooleybuc-Balranald Road) located to the east.
Sunraysia Solar Farm will provide the following benefits, specific to Australia’s renewable energy commitments:
- Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions required to meet our energy demands
- Assisting the transition towards cleaner electricity generation
- Direct contribution to help meet Renewable Energy Targets set by the Australian Government
Additionally, Sunraysia Solar Farm will provide:
- Embedded electricity generation, to supply into the Australian grid closer to the main consumption centres.
- Social and economic benefits, through the provision of direct and indirect employment opportunities during construction and operation of the project.
Visit the Sunraysia Solar Farm website
We have been working with the Balranald Shire Council and will continue to liaise with them and the local community to ensure clear communication is maintained as the project progresses.
Visit the Shire of Balranald website